Wednesday, August 29, 2007

An Interview with TL Vance

1.How did you get intrested in writing? From as far back as I can remember I've lived inside my imagination I was always the daydreamer at school, off on my own adventures. In my early teens my imagination filtered to paper and my passion for writing blossmed from there.

2 How do you fit writig into your every day life? It's definately a juggle at times, with a full time job and a family to look after I find most of my quiet time late at night after the house is quiet. I try to dedicate at least an hour a day to my hobby but mostly I'm stealing moments wherever I can.

3 How do you deal with writers Block? Writer's block is something I've always had to fight with. In my youth, more often than not, I would abandon a story, now I've learned to step away from it to let my imagination play with for a while. I also usually have more than one project going at a time, this also keeps me from getting bogged down and my mind active and creative.

4 A lot of avid readers want to try their hand at writing. Do you have advice for them ? Don't give up and don't be afraid to take a chance, if you have the passion for your craft then you can see it flourish. In my case of self-publishing, it takes a massive amount of dedication for all aspects of publication, from editing and cover art to marketing and promotional work. A thick skin to buffer rejections helps too, it's a very competative field and there are thousands of books being released weekly.

5 What are you working on now and what can we hope to see next from you ? I'm currently working on The Prophecy and an un-named project. At this time I am anticipating The Prophecy to be my next release, that is, unless another set of characters takes creative control of the pen.

No comments: